Stone Rehabilitation Center – Perfecting the Art of Recovery.
One of the best-kept secrets on the Chesapeake Bay. Open for short-stay patients in the Hampton Roads area.
Located within Westminster-Canterbury’s 5-star Hoy Center medical services building is our recently—and entirely—renovated Hoy Center and the new, state-of-the art Stone Rehabilitation Center. Stone Rehabilitation Center provides superior, personalized short-term rehab care to Westminster-Canterbury residents, as well as to residents of the Hampton Roads area. When you come to us for rehabilitation after your hospitalization, as much as we’re sure you’ll enjoy staying in your high-tech, high-comfort, private room with full bath…with access to a wealth of the latest best-practice rehabilitation therapies… our job is to restore you to your best-possible health—and get you back you to your life and home—as soon as possible!
Why choose us for senior rehab care?
We are the only fully 5-star CMS-rated nursing care center within 100 miles of Virginia Beach:
- Staffing Levels
- Registered Nurse Staffing Levels
- Health Inspections
- Quality Measures
- Overall Quality
You’re guaranteed a private room.
Whenever you get hungry, eat! Rehab residents enjoy concierge-style dining on demand—there are no set meal times here. Our in-house chef oversees the preparation of every dish you select from our daily menu. Enjoy your meal in any of our six dining rooms within The Hoy Center/Stone Rehabilitation Center.
Admissions are accepted any time of day or night, any day of the week—24/7.
Therapy is available seven days a week.
Our exclusive Lighthouse Engagement Model™ approach to care, and its Six Beacons that guide us.
We offer a wealth of therapy specialists from head to toe.
Our use of electronic medical records (EMR) technology means your hospital discharge information, and any updates to your plan of care once you’re here, are instantaneous, smooth, and accessible by every authorized person on your care team.
Our wealth of cutting-edge technology for medical and patient use:
- Our specialized rehabilitation health care is made even better by our investment in the most innovative and advanced technology for rehabilitative services.
- Personal Birdsong Tablet—to communicate with family, surf the internet, watch movies, listen to music, play games, or conduct banking and personal business.
- Virtual Reality Goggles—which not only provide entertainment, but have been proven to significantly reduce pain levels.
- HUR Equipment
- Biodex Balance System SD with Biodex Fall Program
We’re rated Top 10% in customer satisfaction, as measured by Pinnacle Quality Insight.
We are one of only three rehab centers in the entire state of Virginia to earn the maximum 5-star (“Much Above Average”) ratings across all health care categories by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
- Registered Nurse Staffing
- Health Inspections
- Quality Measures
- Overall Quality
The average length of stay (LOS) at our center is 11 days, compared to the national average of 28.86 days.
Comprehensive, compassionate rehabilitation for:
- Hip Fractures
- Joint Replacement
- Other Orthopedic Injuries/Conditions
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Neurological Disorders
- Pain Management
Highly specialized care from certified therapists:
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Hand & Shoulder
- Aquatic Therapy
- Vestibular Rehab Specialist—to help patients with inner ear disorders such as vertigo, dizziness, visual disturbance or imbalance.
- Pelvic Floor Rehab Specialist—to help patients with urinary or fecal incontinence, urgency/frequency of urination, and/or pain in the pelvic region.
- LSVT BIG® Specialist—to help patients with Parkinson’s disease increase their “neuroplasticity,” safety, and quality of life.
- Kinesio Tape®
Coordinated, custom-tailored care from a team of on-site physicians and specialists:
- Internal Medicine (24/7/365)
- Wound Care
- Masters Prepared Social Workers
What makes us different from other rehab centers?
- Frequent visits by attending physician/physician assistant
- 24-hour coverage by registered nurses specially trained in patient assessment and evaluation
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative team approach
- Leading rehabilitation expertise
- State of the art therapy gym and rehabilitation technology
- In-room oxygen
- PICC line insertion
- IV therapy
- MSW on site
- All private rooms, many with a full private bath
- 3,000 sq. ft. therapy gym
- 500 sq. ft. occupational and speech therapy center
- Complimentary use of our bedside technology Birdsong Tablet
- Chef-prepared meals
- Therapeutic agility garden
- Outdoor courtyard
For Health Care Professionals
Our use of the latest in EMR and NaviHealth—and partnerships with local hospitals—enables us to learn about your patients prior to transfer and support the smoothest transition possible. You can trust we will care for your patient as personally and attentively as you would.
Please read “Why choose us for senior rehab care?” above.
We care how our patients feel—including about us
Stone Rehabilitation Center at Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay works hard to set the highest standards for patient care by protecting privacy, listening to needs, and respecting preferences. We partner with Pinnacle, one of the nation’s leading health care customer satisfaction research firms, to continually measure our patients’ experience across a variety of service areas. With Pinnacle patient and family surveys, as well as other collected data, we are better able to evaluate our patient experience and help patients reach their goals for maximum independence.
Experience the finest in Virginia Beach senior rehab centers. Call us today or click here schedule a visit. For general information, please call 757-496-1355. For admissions, please call 757-651-1750.