Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay Expansion
An entirely new view of Senior Living!
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay’s brand-new community addition — Bay Tower — will offer an unbelievable Independent Living lifestyle with unparalleled views. Our 22-story tower will feature 225 Independent Living apartments in Virginia Beach with multiple different apartment styles from studios to two-bedroom, two-bath with a den, to accommodate every lifestyle. We’re pleased to share that the Bay Tower will offer the following luxury amenities:
- The Sky Lounge (with a Self-Service Wine Bar and Panoramic Views)
- Plunge Pool with Lounge Chairs
- Pickleball Court
- Bay Tower Main Dining Venue
- Outdoor Dining
- Game & Entertainment Room
- 5-Story Parking Garage
You’ll also have access to the current towers amenities which include:
- Housekeeping & Grounds Maintenance
- Guest Suites
- Concierge Services
- Transportation Services
- Technology Support/IT Help Desk
- Community Activities
- Spa Services
- Birdsong Clinic
- The Pub (Restaurant)
- Beachfront Dining Room
- Overlook Café
- Fitness & Pool Centers
- East Tower Pool
- Wellness Studio
- Dog Parks (2)
- Natural Foliage Seating with Turtle Pond
- Croquet Court
- Outdoor Patio & Dining Area
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Meditation Garden
- Bocce Ball Court
- Kayak Launch
- Putting Green
- Garden Plots
- Beach Waves Hair Salon
- Anderson Bayview Room (multipurpose room)
- Towne Bank
- Starfish Pointe Gift Shop
- Starfish Pharmacy
- Library & Business Center
- Woodworking Shop
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Billiards, Card and Club Rooms
Our new resort-style Independent Living expansion also comes with all the long-term benefits of LifeCare offered by our full continuum of on-site care including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.
Answers to some of the frequently asked questions we hear the most often.
Why are you expanding?
The baby boomer generation will be dramatically underserved if we do not expand. Our faith-based community was founded to enable as many older adults as possible to have quality senior living options in the Tidewater region. We are addressing the tremendous need to help more people leverage the power of community living for greater joy and wellness. It is simply time for us to step up again as our Founders did forty years ago.Close
What kinds of residences will be available in the Bay Tower?
Just like the entirety of Westminster-Canterbury, the Bay Tower residences will be elegantly designed to feel like you’re on a never-ending vacation, yet right at home. The Tower consists of 225 Independent Living apartments ranging from 710 sq. ft. studios to 2675 sq. ft. two-bedroom, two-bathroom with den apartments.Close
Will residents of the Bay Tower have the same access to care services as current Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay residents?
All Bay Tower residents will have the exact same access to the full range of Westminster-Canterbury services as any other resident — including all the long-term benefits of LifeCare. Though Bay Tower is an independent living tower, any resident who requires another level of care will be able to move through our full continuum of care. When the need occurs, residents can easily move to our brand-new assisted living and memory care building located directly across the street from Bay Tower or to our Hoy Center for skilled nursing care.Close
How do I become a resident of the Bay Tower?
Schedule an appointment with one of our Sales Counselors to learn more and see if we’re the right fit for you. Becoming a resident is an easy four-step process:
- Select your preferred residence, make a 10% deposit and sign the Reservation Agreement.
- Once the Bay Tower has reached 70% in pre-sales, you will be called to start making your renovation decisions.
- About a year before the Bay Tower is complete, you’ll receive a call from us to complete your application form and go through the admissions process. Upon approval, you will come in and sign the Residence and Service agreement
- Schedule your move to the community and pay the 90% balance of the Entrance Fee.
In August 2023, Westminster-Canterbury held a panel event for current Depositors with our Architect Firm, Interior Design Firm and our Construction Contractor. Click below to read about some of the new information shared with depositors at this event.
To learn more about our Bay Tower expansion and how you can join us, call us today at 800-753-2918 to schedule your personal tour.